Halloween is coming up soon and you know that that means! Costumes and candy, what could be better! I’ve been doing a lot of thinking and I just can’t decide what to be for Halloween. Maybe Super Apple! Or Carmel Apple! Do you have your costume yet? However scary and fun your costume may be, it’s important to remember that safety is an important part of Halloween.
Follow these tips to ensure a safe and fun Halloween:
• Only trick or treat at houses of people you know and never go in a house to accept candy.
• Don’t trick or treat alone. Walk in groups or with a trusted adult.
• Wait until you get home to eat your candy so your parents can look it over and make sure it’s safe to eat!
• It’s fun to dress up, but make sure your costume is comfortable, doesn’t block your vision or trip you while you walk for candy.
• Carry a flashlight so you can see where you are going, and so adults can see you.
• Always walk on the sidewalks and crosswalks. Be sure to look both ways before crossing the street!
Have a Happy Halloween!