Before Your Visit
St. Chris' world-renowned pediatric experts are available to serve all of your child's health care needs, from regular check-ups to specialist consultations.
To Make an Appointment
Call 1-888-ST-CHRIS, or go to our Pediatric Specialties & Programs page to select the program/service or department that your child needs. Or, have your child's pediatrician call us for a second opinion or a referral.
What to Bring to an Appointment
- Doctor's or specialist's name
- Department name
- Name and telephone number of your referring physician
- Photo IDs
- Insurance card(s) or proof of medical assistance program
- Co-payment for your insurance, if applicable
- Referrals or authorizations from your child's primary care doctor's office, if applicable
- Medical or personal records, such as X-rays or lab tests.
- A list of your child's medications
- Your child's and your Social Security numbers and dates of birth (for insurance purposes)
- Proof of guardianship such as custody papers (if you are not the child’s parent)
- Emergency contact information
- Any forms mailed to you by the physician’s office
- A list of questions you may have, as well as ones your child might have, depending on his or her age and maturity level
- Books, games, snacks, formula, diapers, change of baby clothes or other necessities
If you are unsure what to bring, call the specific department you are scheduled to visit.
Insurance and ID cards are required at every visit. If your insurance information, address or phone number should change, please contact us so that we can update your information.
Preparing Your Child
To help you and your child prepare emotionally for your visit to the hospital or doctor's office, see our tips for preparing your child for the hospital.
- Give yourself an extra half hour before your scheduled appointment time to park and get to your appointment, as well as fill out any necessary paperwork.
- For detailed information on what to expect at your child's appointment, such as how long the appointment will take or any guidelines your child may need to follow beforehand, call to speak to someone in the office ahead of time.
- If you need to bring other children, try to find another adult to come with you to assist you.
Upon arriving at the hospital, please stop at the information desk to sign in and ask for assistance and directions. One of our friendly employees or volunteers will be glad to help you with whatever you need.