Quality is the cornerstone of everything we do. It underscores our dedication to providing exceptional care to every patient we serve. Because our commitment to quality is an integral part of who we are, we have introduced a comprehensive series of targeted initiatives in the areas of patient care and safety, reporting, physician and nursing practices, medical staff governance and other important issues.
Through our Commitment to Quality initiatives, we work to:
- Provide exceptional clinical care to every patient we serve
- Respect our patients, their families, our employees and affiliated physicians
- Maintain the highest ethical and clinical standards of care
- Enhance the practice and delivery of every aspect of patient care
- Safeguard the integrity and safety of our patients and employees
- Enhance physician and nurse leadership and medical staff governance
- Manage costs and resources efficiently
- Share knowledge and best practices with other healthcare providers
Patient Safety and Reporting Results
This initiative is designed to ensure clinical care safety and build programs to support it. It also focuses on improving reporting systems in our hospitals and improving the ways we communicate performance results.
This initiative focuses on designing and implementing a set of standard policies and procedures for governing hospital medical staff. This initiative is designed to provide a consistent model of governance and medical staff structure that supports quality of care, patient safety and documentation of physician excellence.
Today's nursing shortage is health care's most pressing crisis, threatening access to care, affordability of care and clinical quality. The Nursing Excellence Initiative is designed to make St. Christopher's Hospital for Children the most attractive employer for nurses by developing new approaches that improve practice and leadership in nursing. This has resulted in our Magnet Designation in 2009 by the American Nursing Association, which recognizes St. Chris as a hospital of nursing excellence.
To promote improvements in the way we deliver care, we are studying operational processes and implementing changes to manage patient flow. By doing so, we can prevent unnecessary delays and enhance patient, physician and staff satisfaction through a more consistent care experience.
If you have questions or comments, please speak to a patient advocate at the hospital or call Tenet’s National Patient Satisfaction Line at 1-800-743-6333.