Mission, Values & Vision
Our primary mission is essential and clear-cut:
- To provide a full range of high-quality health care services to all children and youth up to the age of 21 who seek our care or who are referred to us.
- To complement that mission, we manage teaching and research programs that achieve excellence and support our ability to be a world-class children's hospital. We strive at all times to provide exceptional care while operating in an efficient, cost-effective manner that serves the best interests of our patients, their families and the community.
Everything we do here is grounded in values including:
- Reverence for life, health and independence
- Integrity, sensitivity, fairness and justice
- Respect for all and recognition of diversity as a source of strength
- Collegiality and compassion
- Accessibility to health care with dignity for all, especially for those who are unable to pay
- Pursuit of excellence and continuous improvement
Our long-term vision is to be the best children's medical center by attaining excellence in patient care, education and research. We are committed to providing high-quality, family-centered care in a collaborative, nurturing and culturally diverse environment. We will continue to value, attract and retain the best people while satisfying our mission through the use of state-of-the-art technological advances in research and constant innovation.