The hospital is affiliated with Drexel University College of Medicine and Temple University School of Medicine.
Here's a brief glance at some of our vital statistics:
- Beds: 189 licensed beds
- Rooms: 44 private rooms, 32 semi-private rooms
- More than 220 full-time faculty members
- Level IIIC Neonatal Intensive Care Unit: 30 beds
- Transplant/Oncology Unit: 7 beds
- Cardiac Care Unit: 16 beds
- Intensive Care Unit: 8 beds
- Special Care/Burn Unit: 18 beds
- Operating Rooms: 10 operating rooms, including 1 GI Suite, 10 recovery bays
- Short Procedure Unit: 26 beds
- Emergency Department: 36 exam rooms, 1 trauma room
St. Christopher's is a referral center for the following:
- Cardiology and cardiothoracic surgery
- Renal dialysis
- Cystic fibrosis, apnea and other pulmonary disorders
- Liver and kidney transplantation
- Neonatal Intensive Care (Level IIIC with subspecialty surgical services and ECMO)
- Pediatric Trauma (Level I Trauma Center)
- Ambulatory surgery
- Craniofacial surgery
- Epilepsy, PKU, metabolic disorders & sleep disorders
- Allergy and asthma
- Sickle cell anemia
- HIV-infected children and their families
- Radiology and laboratory medicine
St. Christopher's Hospital for Children is centrally located in Philadelphia, the second-largest city on the east coast. It provides a wealth of activities to suit every taste. As the birthplace of our nation, it offers Independence Hall and the Liberty Bell among its historical attractions. As a cultural center, the city is home to the world-famous Philadelphia Orchestra, the Pennsylvania Ballet and the Philadelphia Museum of Art, as well as opera, theater and science museums.
The city has major league sports teams for every season, world-class music venues, restaurants, bars and clubs and excellent shopping.
The Philadelphia metropolitan area is also a major health and educational center offering many educational and employment opportunities for residents' family members. There are numerous colleges and universities offering outstanding bachelor's, master's and doctoral degree programs in medically related fields and in diverse programs outside of medicine.
Beautiful Fairmount Park provides miles of biking and jogging trails and relaxing shaded areas for picnicking along the Schuylkill River. The Philadelphia Zoo is located within the park.