Outpatient Therapy Services
Personalized Care, Right in your Neighborhood
At St. Christopher’s Hospital for Children, we have one goal when it comes to children and adolescents facing physical and communicative challenges – improve each child’s ability to reach his or her full potential.
We have a highly-experienced outpatient therapy team of physical therapists, occupational therapists and speech-language therapists who work closely with families, physicians and other specialists to develop a personalized treatment plan for each child.
In addition to providing therapy services at our main hospital location in Philadelphia, we have a location in Abington, PA. Our outpatient therapy services in Abington include Occupational Therapy, Speech Therapy and Physical Therapy.
Occupational Therapy uses purposeful activity to facilitate independence and functioning in children suffering from injury, disability or chronic illness. The focus is on the development of movement, motor skills, self-care and social skills.
Treatment is available for conditions including:
- Hand/upper extremity injuries
- Fine motor skills deficits/handwriting difficulties
- Autism spectrum disorders
- Attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorders
- Behavioral/social difficulties
- Sensory processing disorders
- Visual perceptual difficulties
Learn more about Occupational Therapy at St. Christopher’s
Speech Therapy addresses the needs of children and adolescents who are experiencing difficulty with communication and swallowing skills. Children are individually evaluated and treated to help them achieve improvement in speech, language, and/or swallowing. Our therapists offer:
- Developmental evaluation and treatment
- Family-centered individual therapy sessions
- Evaluation/treatment of listening, speech, language, cognitive, social/emotional skills
- Assistance with alternative and augmentative communication
- Evaluation/treatment of feeding and swallowing disorders
Learn more about Speech Therapy at St. Christopher’s
Physical Therapy addresses patients who are experiencing muscular, musculoskeletal, neurological and skeletal problems as a result of birth, injury or illness. The focus is also on increasing flexibility, endurance, and overall fitness. The program covers a wide range of conditions including:
- Developmental delays
- Gross motor and coordination disorders
- Orthopedic injuries
- Strength and endurance deficits
- Burn and scar injuries
Learn more about Physical Therapy at St. Christopher’s
Pediatric Outpatient Therapy Services in Abington
500 Old York Road, Suite 250
Jenkintown, PA 19046
Download our brochure for more information