St. Christopher’s Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery Program specializes in the evaluation and treatment of various breast issues, including breast reduction. From your child’s initial consultation, St. Christopher’s specialists will develop an individualized treatment plan for and work with you to determine if surgery is the right option. Some of the conditions treated by our plastic surgery specialists include:
- Breast anomalies
- Breast asymmetry
- Gynecomastia — swelling of the breast tissue in girls and boy caused by an imbalance of the hormones estrogen and testosterone
- Macromastia (large breasts)
- Poland syndrome — underdevelopment or absence of the chest muscle (pectoralis) on one side of the body
- Polymastia (accessory breast tissue)
- Polythelia (supernumerary nipples)
- Tuberous breast deformity
- Underdeveloped breasts
St. Christopher's has a qualified team of specialists who are trained to work with the individual and unique needs of infants and children. The Plastic Surgery Program team is led by Paul Glat, M.D. To view a list of our specialists, click here.
For more information or to schedule an appointment, call (215) 427-5191 or click here to visit our other locations.